The Flute Center is open for in-person trials! Trial appointments are highly encouraged, as trial room space is limited.
- Booking Your Instrument Trial Appointment:
- Appointments can be booked by contacting the Flute Center by phone (212-307-9737) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All eligible people must be fully vaccinated to attend an appointment, unless exemptions apply. Trial appointments can accommodate up to 3 people per appointment and are scheduled for 2 hour blocks.
- Please bring proof of vaccination to your appointment. FCNY reserves the right to check proof of vaccination when you arrive.
- Safety protocols: Each trial room must have 1 hour of empty time between bookings. FCNY staff will disinfect the room, surfaces, and flutes before the next appointment begins.
- Masks are required in public spaces, unless proof of vaccination is shown.
- In-store clients will be asked to complete a sign-in form upon arrival for contact-tracing purposes.
Please contact us (email@example.com) to request an in-store appointment for in-person instrument trials, sales, repairs and accessory purchases. Pick-up and drop-offs are also available.
Beginning on July 13, 2020, the Flute Center will be offering pick-ups and drop-offs for instrument trials, sales, repairs and accessory purchases.
- Appointments are required.
- Request appointment at least 1 business day before intended pick up/drop off time
Once at 307:
- Park on the left (Eastern) side of Seventh Ave between 27th and 28th Streets (in front of the GiGi cafe.)
- Call FCNY (212) 307-9737 when you have arrived.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Clients may also come to the Flute Center’s office door
- No play-testing or trialing will be done in store at this time.
Dear Flute Center Family,
We want to send our sincere well-wishes to everyone who has been affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19.) We are thinking of you all and wishing you all the best during these difficult times.
To better protect our staff and heed social distancing recommendations, beginning on Monday, March 16, the Flute Center will not be open to clients for in-store trials or sales. We will still offer services via mail.
Please contact us is via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up a trial, sale, or repair.
Our Resident Flutists are taking great care to thoroughly disinfect each and every instrument, in accordance with guidelines from the Center for Disease Control. We use both alcohol prep pads (70% isopropyl alcohol) as well as an alcohol spray (71% isopropyl alcohol.)
Out of an abundance of caution, we have postponed upcoming events, including the masterclasses with Gary Schocker on March 18 and Lady Jeanne Galway on March 31. To keep our staff safe and healthy, travel to upcoming flute shows has been suspended until further notice.
For those of you who are facing more time at home than usual, we encourage you to check out the free resources on our website, including Salon Series Masterclass and Recital videos, our Flute Unscripted podcast, and our sheet music articles. We hope they will inspire you to keep playing! To that end, we will still be running upcoming promotions as planned - stay tuned for a St. Patricks Day special this weekend.
Thank you for choosing FCNY for your flute needs. You make our work rewarding and fun.
All of our love -
Your FCNY Team
Phil, Claude, Julian, Yong-In, Emily, Kim, Caity, Morgan, Agata, Cory, Lauren, Alex, Jackie, and Hannah