Work With Us
Career Opportunities at the Flute Center
The Flute Center offers talented and motivated individuals looking for a career in the flute industry a unique and fun work environment!
We seek candidates who embody our core values: We take pride in being the expert. We are knowledgeable in everything flute-related: if we don’t know, we find out. We are progress-obsessed. We attack our weaknesses, and we are highly adaptable to change. We respect everyone and operate with a big-tent mentality: we meet people where they’re at. We take initiative. We are proactive in solving problems. We underpromise and overdeliver. We find joy in going above and beyond in our work.
Playtester | Part-Time | New York, NY
As a Flute Center Playtester, you will support our Sales Team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Pulling and playtesting flutes
- Assisting the Sales Team with flute trials
- Cleaning, polishing, and reshelving inventory
- In-Store organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Salary Range: $18-$20/hour starting, negotiable depending on experience
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- 401K Contribution
- Life Insurance
- Opportunities for continued education and growth
Who We’re Looking For
- 18 or older
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Flute Performance
- An aptitude for learning new software
- Candidates native/fluent in foreign languages are encouraged to apply
- Must live in the greater New York City area or be willing to relocate
- Must be available to work in the New York office on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Saturdays
Interested applicants that are available for immediate hire should email email@example.com and include a cover letter, resume, and a link to a recent video demonstrating your playing ability. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.