Career Opportunities at the Flute Center
The Flute Center of New York offers talented and motivated individuals looking for a career in the flute industry a unique and fun work environment in the world's most extraordinary city - New York! We are currently accepting resumes for the following positions:
Sales Manager | Full-Time | New York, New York
The Flute Center of New York empowers all flutists by providing expert knowledge, creating inspiring content, and building an inclusive community.
We’re adding to our team and we seek a candidate who believes in our mission and embodies our core values: We are intelligent, bright, and creative people who are passionate about what we do everyday. We are compassionate, trusting, and respectful colleagues who display empathy always. We are positive, ambitious, and driven— if there’s a problem, we will take the initiative to solve it. Our clients and our peers can rely on us to follow through. Our teams require us to be personally growth-oriented, and we tackle problems without fear of our own ignorance, but with confidence in our ability to learn and grow.
As a Flute Center Sales Manager, you will be a key member of our Sales Team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing outstanding customer service at all times
- Meeting and exceeding established revenue goals
- Developing leads
- Building close relationships with clients
- Continually educating oneself on new product and service offerings
- Answering any and all questions regarding the flutes and accessories we carry
- Travel to regional shows and events
- Other duties as assigned
- Health Insurance, including access to Vision and Dental
- Health Advocate, One Medical, Teledoc, and Talkspace
- Sales Commission
- Commuter Benefits
- 401K Contribution
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid Family Leave
- Life Insurance
- Opportunities for continued education and growth
- Manufacturer Spiffs
- Base salary range: $42,000 - $58,000 annually
Who We’re Looking For
- 18 or older
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Availability to work a Tuesday-Saturday schedule, 10:00am-6:00pm
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Flute Performance
- Proficiency with standard business technology and an aptitude for learning new software
- Applicants with previous experience in the flute sales industry are encouraged to apply
- Candidates native/fluent in foreign languages are encouraged to apply
- Must live in the greater New York City area or be willing to relocate
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to FCNY’s Leadership Team: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis with interviews starting the first week of June.
Flute Center of New York 2022 Interns | Full-Time
The Flute Center of New York is seeking motivated and passionate flutists who want to gain real-world experience in the music industry by working for the world’s largest Flute Specialty Shop. Our interns participate in our daily activities, supporting our industry-leading Sales Team by assisting in pulling and play-testing flutes, cleaning, polishing, and reshelving inventory, and packing and unpacking boxes. Interns should expect to work in a relaxed, fun, and flute-centric environment while earning college credit (check with your College Advisor) and a weekly stipend.